Retractable screens for Big Doors make indoor/outdoor living even better
Everyone loves the views and fresh air that come with our Big Doors. But the insects? Not so much! To help make sure pests don’t get in the way of your indoor/outdoor lifestyle, there’s a retractable screen available for our MultiGlide™ and Folding Outswing doors. It’s easy to use and retracts when not in use, so it’s never in the way. Keep reading for all the details!Will the Big Door retractable screen work with my door?
- MultiGlide™ pocketing door
- MultiGlide™ stacking door
- Folding Outswing door with contemporary panels
- Folding Outswing door with traditional panels
- Folding Outswing door with contemporary panels, StormWatch® protection, and PG upgrade
- Folding Outswing door with contemporary panels, StormWatch® protection, PG upgrade, and impact-resistant glass
Note: The Big Door retractable screen must be installed at the same time as the door.How big is the retractable screen?
The Big Door retractable screen can cover an opening up to 30-feet wide by 10-feet tall. Two different configurations are available: a single screen (stretching up to 15-feet wide and 10-feet tall) or two screens (installed to meet in the middle).How does the Big Door retractable screen work?
The Big Door retractable screen is installed on the inside of the door and built into the rough opening (the opening in your wall where a window or door is installed) — this is why it must be installed with the door. Once it's installed, you’ll find it easy to operate.
- Special load-balancing technology lets the retractable screen glide along smoothly.
- It can be maneuvered from any height, so you don’t have to worry about it being pulled off track.
- You can stop the retractable screen at any point desired and it will stay put without snapping back.
- When the retractable screen’s not in use, it retracts discreetly, so it’s never in the way.
The Big Door retractable screen is available in the following frame colors: black, white, or dark bronze. There’s also an anodized option available in clear.How secure is the Big Door retractable screen?
The screen fabric is held securely in place by top and bottom tabs to prevent blow-outs, even in a breeze. It is built to absorb light impacts as well.How do I clean the Big Door retractable screen?
It’s simple to keep a retractable screen clean by vacuuming or washing it with a damp rag and mild soapy solution. The sill can also be removed for easy cleaning — a vacuum works great here too. For more information on care and maintenance, visit our Help Center.*
How can I order a Big Door retractable screen? Work with your dealer or pro — whether they’re a builder, architect, or contractor — to order the Big Door retractable screen at the same time as your door. They’re easy to order together and must be installed at the same time.