FULL OFFICIAL RULES
ANDERSEN IBS 2018 SWEEPSTAKES
Sponsored by Andersen Windows
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. OPEN TO ELIGIBLE RESIDENTS OF THE UNITED STATES WHO ARE [DEALERS, BUILDERS, REMODELERS, ARCHITECTS, OR PROFESSIONAL TRADE CONTRACTORS AND ARE] AT LEAST 18 YEARS OF AGE. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
1. Promotional Period: This sweepstakes (the “Promotion”) begins at 9:00 AM Eastern Time on January 9, 2017 and ends at 5:00 PM Eastern Time on January 11 (“Promotion Period”). All entries must be received prior to the end time and date specified for the Promotion Period.
2. Administrator/Sponsor: The Promotion shall be administered by BI Worldwide (“Administrator”) and the sponsor is Andersen Windows, Inc., 100 Fourth Avenue North, Bayport, MN 55003-1096 (“Sponsor”).
3. Eligibility: The Promotion is open only to residents of the UNITED STATES [who are dealers, builders, remodelers, architects, or professional trade contractors,] and who are at least eighteen (18) years old at the time of entry. Void where prohibited. Employees (and their immediate families (i.e., parents, spouse, children, siblings, grandparents, step-parents, step-children and step-siblings and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) and members of the same household, whether or not related) of Administrator and Sponsor, and each of their respective parents, affiliated companies, sponsors, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies and third party fulfillment or judging agencies (collectively, the “Promotion Entities”) are not eligible to enter or win the Promotion.
4. How to Enter: During the Promotion Period, swipe your badge at the Andersen Windows, Inc. booth at the NAHB International Builders Show in Orlando, Florida (“IBS 2018”). To register to attend IBS 2018 for free, go to http://www.buildersshow.com/AndersenWindows. A free entry by mail will also be accepted. Send a letter or postcard with your name, address, phone and email address to BI Worldwide, Attn: Andersen IBS 2018 Sweepstakes, 7630 Bush Lake Rd, Minneapolis, MN 55439. Limit one (1) entry per person. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple/different badges, identities or registrations, or any other methods will void that entrant's entries and that entrant may be disqualified. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. In the event of a dispute as to any entry, the IBS 2018 registrant whose badge was used to enter will be deemed to be the entrant.
5. Drawing and Grand Prize: On or about January 19, 2018, a Grand Prize Winner will be randomly selected from among all eligible entries received during the Promotion Period. One (1) Grand Prize will be awarded. The Grand Prize is a 4-day/3-night trip to Las Vegas for the winner and his or her guest February 18-21, 2019 with the following components: 2 round-trip economy class airline tickets from the closest major airport to winner’s home to Las Vegas, Nevada; 3 nights’ stay (double occupancy) at the Paris, Las Vegas hotel; round-trip ground transportation between the Las Vegas airport and the Paris, Las Vegas hotel; 1 of the following activities for two (2) people: (a) tickets to a current Cirque du Soleil show; (b) Richard Petty Ride-Along Tour; (c) Zip-Line Adventure; or (d) Dig This Experience; and a $285 gift certificate for dinner for 2 people at winner’s choice of Gordon Ramsay Steak; Martorano’s or the Eiffel Tower Restaurant, Mon Ami Gabi. Approximate retail value of prize package is $3220. All other travel expenses not listed, including meals, tips and other transportation are the winner’s responsibility. Prize will be forfeited if winner is unable to travel on the specified dates. Exact arrangements subject to availability. Additional restrictions and conditions may apply to individual prize components. Winner’s traveling guest must be at least eighteen (18) years old at the time of travel and must sign and return a liability and publicity release prior to booking travel. Sponsor is not responsible for any cancellation of any portion of the prize.
Prize is non-transferable and no substitution will be made except as provided herein at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. The number of eligible entries received during the Promotion Period will determine the odds of winning the Grand Prize. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute the prize for one of equal or greater value if part or all of the designated prize should become unavailable for any reason. Winner is responsible for all taxes and fees associated with prize receipt and/or use of the prize.
6. Notification: Administrator is an independent judging organization and the decisions of the Administrator and the Sponsor regarding the administration and operation of the Promotion and the selection of the potential winner are final and binding in all matters related to the Promotion. The potential winner will be notified by email on or about January 19, 2018. The potential winner (parent/legal guardian if winner is a minor in his/her state of residence) will be required to sign and return to Sponsor, within ten (10) days of the date notice or attempted notice is sent, an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability & Publicity Release in order to claim his/her prize. If a potential winner cannot be contacted, or fails to sign and return the Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability & Publicity Release within the required time period, potential winner forfeits prize. Potential winner must continue to comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules, and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. In the event that a potential winner is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor will award the applicable prize to an alternate winner by random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries. Only three (3) alternate drawings will be held after which the prize will remain un-awarded.
7. Release: By receipt of the prize, winner agrees to release and hold harmless Sponsor, Administrator, and their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies, and prize suppliers, and each of their respective parent companies and each such company’s officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Promotion or receipt or use or misuse of any prize.
8. Publicity: Except where prohibited, participation in the Promotion constitutes winner’s consent to Sponsor’s and its agents’ use of winner’s name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions, testimonials and/or hometown and state for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration, unless otherwise prohibited by law.
9. General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Promotion, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Promotion, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Promotion or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Promotion may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
10. Limitations of Liability: The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors, scanning errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Promotion; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries; (5) late, lost, undeliverable, damaged or stolen mail or email; or (6) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Promotion or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. If the Promotion is discontinued for any reason, Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may elect to hold a random drawing from among all eligible entries received up to the date of discontinuance for any or all of the prizes offered herein. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, un-awarded, eligible prize claims.
11. Disputes: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Promotion or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court located in Minneapolis, Minnesota or the appropriate Minnesota State Court located in Washington County, Minnesota; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Promotion, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Promotion, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Minnesota without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Minnesota or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Minnesota.
13. Winner List: Winner List requests will only be accepted after the promotion end date (listed above) and no later than July 31, 2018. For the Winner List, send an email with subject line: "Andersen IBS 2018 Sweepstakes” to Events@andersencorp.com.