2022 Window & Door Tax Credit
You may be entitled to a tax credit of up to $500*** if you installed energy-efficient windows, skylights, doors or other qualifying items in 2022**.
Current federal tax credits for certain energy-efficient improvements to existing homes have been extended through December 31, 2022. If you purchased and installed a qualifying product in 2022, then you may qualify for this tax credit.
How to Qualify for the Tax Credit:*
- Purchase and install qualifying windows or patio doors that meet ENERGY STAR® Windows Program version 6.0 performance requirements beginning January 1, 2022 through December 31, 2022**
- Save your sales receipt, a copy of the Manufacturer's Certification Statement, your product labels or a product performance (NFRC Ratings/ ENERGY STAR Qualification) sheet with your tax documents.
A. Download the applicable Manufacturer's Certification Statement for your products.
- Andersen A-Series Manufacturer's Certification Statement
- Andersen 400 Series Manufacturer's Certification Statement
- Andersen 200 Series Manufacturer's Certification Statement
- Andersen 100 Series Manufacturer's Certification Statement
- Andersen Folding Door Manufacturer's Certification Statement
B. Save your product performance labels from your window(s) or door(s) or take a photo of the labels on your windows(s) and door(s) and keep it with your tax documents. Alternatively, you can download the Product Performance NFRC Ratings/ ENERGY STAR version 6.0 Qualifications Sheet (see the attachments at the bottom of the page) applicable to your product. This document shows you which products meet ENERGY STAR version 6.0 performance criteria for your area.
- Andersen A-Series NFRC Ratings
- Andersen 400 Series NFRC Ratings
- Andersen 200 Series NFRC Ratings
- Andersen 100 Series NFRC Ratings
- Andersen Folding Door NFRC Ratings
Andersen does not reprint product labels for tax credit verification.
3. Claim the tax credit associated with your qualifying purchase and installation on your Federal filing for the applicable tax year.
1. Tax credit is for the cost of the product only. The credit does not include installation costs
2. Tax credit is 10% of the amount paid up to the maximums listed below***
3. $500 total maximum lifetime tax credit for any and all improvements, including other eligible items as listed in Section 25C of the Internal Revenue Code
- $200 total maximum tax credit for qualifying windows and skylights
- $500 total maximum tax credit for all qualifying improvements, including windows or skylights
4. If a combination of windows, skylights and doors are purchased, then the total maximum credit is $500, of which $200 is the maximum allowable for windows and skylights
5. The tax credit is an extension of the 26 U.S.C. §25C tax credit, which means all previous federal tax credits are a lifetime maximum credit. A homeowner who has already claimed the maximum applicable tax credits permitted under 26 U.S.C. §25C in previous tax years is no longer eligible for this tax credit
Learn More About ENERGY STAR
- Find more information at www.energystar.gov or call (888) STAR-YES/ (888-782-7937)
- Visit ENERGY STAR to determine your ENERGY STAR Climate Zone
* This is a summary of the tax credit elements related to windows and doors as set forth in Section 25C of the Internal Revenue Code as modified by the Inflation Reduction Act of 2022, Public Law No. 117-169, which was signed by the President on August 16, 2022, which among other things, extends the current tax credits in Section 25C of the Internal Revenue Code on eligible property purchased and installed through December 31, 2022. Andersen only verifies that its products with an ENERGY STAR label meet the ENERGY STAR version 6.0 performance criteria for the particular climate zones indicated on the label at the time the product was manufactured. Andersen bears no responsibility for determining whether a particular purchase or application qualifies for the tax credit. Further, Andersen does not intend to and is not providing legal or tax advice and recommends that purchasers consult their own tax advisor or the IRS to determine whether the products they purchase for a particular application qualify for the tax credit.
** Andersen windows and patio doors with select glass options qualify in many U.S. ENERGY STAR version 6.0 climate zones when used for remodeling, replacement or home improvement. As the ENERGY STAR version 6.0 criteria differs by climate zone, please review the ENERGY STAR requirements in the climate zone where the product will be installed and refer to the respective product NFRC Ratings/ ENERGY STAR version 6.0 Qualifications sheet to select the product. Please consult your tax planner and review all IRS guidelines. Andersen is not a tax advisor.
*** These credits, which include the aggregate of all current and prior taxable years, cannot exceed the maximums listed for any taxpayer.