Last Revised on August 30, 2023
Andersen Windows, Inc. and its parent and subsidiaries (collectively “Andersen” or “we”) respect your privacy. As you use our websites, blogs, social media sites, mobile apps, and electronic communications, your Personal Information may be collected.
Scope of Policy
“Personal Information” means any information that may be used to identify an individual (or household), including, but not limited to, identifiers (e.g., names, phone numbers, physical mailing addresses, email addresses, social security numbers), familial information (e.g., spouse/partner name, names of children/dependents, birthdates of family members), characteristics of protected classifications (e.g., race, ethnicity), biometric information (e.g., fingerprints, signature), electronic network activity information (e.g., browsing or search history, information regarding your interaction with the Sites, whether submitted or not), payment information (e.g., credit information, credit card information), location (e.g., GPS, IP address), employment-related information, education information, or other non-public information unique to you. Personal Information also means information that can be used to identify you when put together with other data, such as your browser type, the URL of the previous website(s) you visited, your Internet service provider, the operating system of the devices you use, and your Internet protocol (“IP”) address.
Information About Minors:
Andersen’s Sites are neither structured nor intended for users who are minors. Andersen does not target, promote, or market products or services to minors. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from minors, as defined by law. If we discover we have received Personal Information from a person under the age of 18 years without proper authorization, we will take reasonable steps to delete that data as quickly as possible.
Information We Collect About You
Andersen collects contact information provided by you when you visit our Sites. This includes, but is not limited to, names and user names, business name (if applicable), purchase history, billing and shipping addresses, phone numbers, email addresses, the location where you purchased Andersen products, and other digital contact information.
Andersen collects your payment information when you purchase our products and services. This includes, but is not limited to, information from your credit or debit card, personal check, PayPal account (or other electronic payment service provider), or gift card. Payment information is used for payment processing and fraud prevention. Andersen will not use your payment information for any other purpose.
Credit and Identifier Information:
Andersen may collect credit and identifier information about you in connection with the purchase, or attempted purchase, of our products and services. This includes, but is not limited to, information about your credit history, income, social security number, and date of birth. Andersen may use this information to, among other things, help you rehabilitate your credit.
Applications for Employment:
Andersen may place job openings on the Sites that allow you to provide your Personal Information in connection with an application for employment. We collect your Personal Information, contact instructions, and information related to applicable work experience through online forms and other means.
Information Needed for Warranty Claims:
When you make a claim under one of our written warranties, Andersen will collect Personal Information from you relating to the initial purchase of the product to process the warranty request and prevent fraud.
Andersen collects information about who you are, what you do, and where you live. This helps us put your feedback about our products and services into context so that we may serve you better in the future.
Communications and Promotions:
Andersen collects information provided when you communicate with us via blogs, social media sites, other offline communications (e.g., paper mailers, trade show attendance forms), or other online or in person communications (e.g., electronic entry forms, contact us forms). In addition, we may require that you provide Personal Information to access more detailed descriptions of our products or services or to better find products and services that we wish to market to you, which will then allow us to engage you in follow-up communications or to verify requests received from you. Further, the Sites sometimes include notices of promotions for which you can submit an online entry.
Surveys and Polls:
Andersen values your opinions and comments, and we may conduct online surveys or polls. Participation in these surveys and polls is always optional. The Personal Information collected via polls is aggregated and used to make improvements to the Sites and to develop useful content, features, and promotions for visitors to our Sites. The identity of survey or poll participants is anonymous unless the survey or poll either specifically requests Personal Information or otherwise states information is collected.
We collect information about the browser you are using as you visit our Sites. We may also track the specific pages you visit, the website you came from, or the website you visit once you leave ours.
How We Collect Information About You
You Provide the Information:
We may collect your information, including Personal Information, through online forms, information you enter, or otherwise provide to us when purchasing our products or services, completing job applications, entering sweepstakes, or any other methods by which you provide your information to us.
Andersen, like other website operators, uses analytic and reporting technologies to automatically record Personal Information, such as Internet domain/host name, IP address, browser software, operating system types (e.g., Mac OS, Windows OS, Android OS), clickstream patterns, and the date/time of Site visit. Andersen may aggregate this information to measure how the Sites are being used and to continuously improve the content and integrity of the Sites.
If you elect to install the mobile versions or mobile application versions of the Sites, Andersen may collect your geographic location, data about your use of the mobile application, the type of device you use and its operating system, unique device identifiers, IP address, and use of mobile coupons in a transaction, among other things.
How We Use Information About You
In addition to the business purposes discussed in the section “Information We Collect About You,” Andersen uses Personal Information (collected from you and/or your device) for system administration purposes, to enhance your experience while on our Sites, to market our goods and services, and to otherwise transact or communicate with you. Consistent with applicable law and the choices you make, specific uses may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Compiling figures for market research, data analytics, and website performance.
- Providing descriptions of our products and services when you need them.
- Noting color, style, and design preferences as you move through our Sites.
- Displaying advertisements personalized to individual interests or preferences, either on our Sites or the sites of third-parties.
- Tracking the effectiveness of our marketing efforts.
- Setting in-home appointments upon your request.
- Collecting information for lead-generation or the sale of additional products/services.
- Assisting with the procurement of financing for your purchase of Andersen products and/or services or rehabilitating your credit for the future purchase of Andersen products and/or services.
- Considering you for employment at Andersen.
- Facilitating transactions for the procurement of replacement parts.
- Demonstrating Andersen’s compliance with our legal obligations, policies, and procedures.
Sharing Personal Information with Third Parties
By accessing or using the Sites you are choosing to provide Andersen with your Personal Information and we may use that information for legitimate business purposes, including, but not limited to, sharing, selling, or otherwise transferring that information to Andersen subsidiaries, Andersen affiliates, and third parties. By “third parties” we mean, without limitation, dealers, distributors, suppliers, service providers, and Renewal by Andersen LLC’s non-corporate-owned retail affiliates. Further, by accessing and continuing to use the Sites, you understand that your Personal Information may be disclosed to Andersen’s successors, assigns, or business partners.
These third parties may contact you for various reasons, some examples of which are to:
- Contact you about our products and services.
- Fulfill orders for Andersen products and services.
- Obtain financing for Andersen products and services.
- Provide information or assistance at your request.
- Prevent an emergency or prevent harm to others.
- Respond to or prove compliance with legal requirements.
- Protect or enforce our rights and policies.
- Confirm demographics connected to the purchase of Andersen products and services.
- Protect or enforce the rights of a third party as required or permitted by law (including, but not limited to, to comply with a subpoena or court order).
Andersen also contracts with third parties from time to time to provide, maintain, and improve the Sites. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to prevent such third parties from disclosing your Personal Information, except for the purpose of providing the services in question. We cannot guarantee that such third parties will not disclose your Personal Information.
We sell and/or share certain Personal Information to our authorized independent retailers, dealers, and certified contractors so that such authorized independent retailers, dealers, and certified contractors can set up appointments and market to you. Such Personal Information includes your name, phone number, email address, mailing or street address, and other contact information.
To the extent you are concerned about the sale of your Personal Information, you may opt-out of any such sale by clicking HERE. You may also submit such a request using one of the methods listed at the end of this document.
Andersen follows generally accepted industry standards to protect the Personal Information deemed to be under its control. Wherever your Personal Information may be held within Andersen or on its behalf, Andersen takes reasonable and appropriate steps to protect your Personal Information from unauthorized access, use or disclosure.
Access to and use of secure areas of our Sites is restricted to authorized users only with a business need to know the Personal Information accessible there. Unauthorized individuals attempting to access these areas of the Sites may be subject to adverse employment actions, criminal prosecution, or civil damages.
Andersen may from time to time use third parties to provide content or deliver services, such as, but not limited to e-commerce technology. Andersen follows generally accepted industry standards in selecting these third parties but does not have ultimate control over the security measures used by those third parties.
Moreover, no method of transmission over the Internet or storage of information is guaranteed secure. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Access and Deletion of Personal Information
To the extent that you provide Andersen with Personal Information, you may request that Andersen provide you with a list of that data for the purposes of review or deletion. For your protection, you will be required to provide proof of your identity when such requests are made.
Andersen may not delete certain Personal Information if retention is necessary to comply with Federal and/or State law, complete transactions made at your request, uphold its legal obligations, maintain security and site integrity, or other expected and lawful uses of the Personal Information you provided, including but not limited to the following:
- Complete the transaction for which the information was collected, provide a good/service requested by you (or reasonably anticipated within the context of an ongoing business relationship with you), or otherwise perform a contract between Andersen and you.
- Detect security incidents or otherwise protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, up to and including pursuing prosecution of those responsible for the illegal activity.
- Debug the information to identify and repair errors impacting functionality.
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their right of free speech, or exercise another right provided for by law.
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act.
- Engage in public or peer-received scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest.
- Enable internal uses that are reasonably aligned with expectations based on your relationship with the business.
- Fulfill the terms of a written warranty or product recall.
- Comply with a legal obligation.
- Otherwise use your Personal Information, internally, in a lawful manner that is compatible with the context in which you provided the information.
Andersen will make reasonable efforts to respond to your request regarding your Personal Information that we hold as soon as practicable or in the time required by law.
You may submit a request using any one of the following:
- Privacy Request Forms
- General Privacy Inquiry Form
- By US Mail: Attention: Legal Department 100 Fourth Avenue North Bayport, MN 55003
- By Phone: 844-853-1096
Rights of California Residents:
If you live in California and are also any of the following: a consumer of Andersen products/services, an applicant for employment with Andersen, an Andersen employee, or believe that Andersen may have your Personal Information in its possession, please see “Andersen’s California Privacy Rights Notice”.