Since 1941, the Andersen Corporate Foundation has supported the important work of nonprofit organizations dedicated to improving lives and strengthening communities where Andersen employees live and work. To date, the foundation has donated more than $60 million to worthy causes.
The Foundation granted more than $1.2 million to 82 nonprofit organizations in its first of two grant rounds this year. With a focus on addressing the most pressing needs facing our communities today, Foundation grants were awarded to nonprofits with proven competencies in the areas of housing, education, healthcare and hunger relief.
Examples of organizations awarded funding in the first grant round of 2022 include:
- 30,000 Feet – empowering African American students in Saint Paul through culture, art, technology, and social justice.
- Ain Dah Young Center – a healing place within the community for American Indian youth and families to thrive in safety and wholeness.
- EMERGE Community Development – the organization's Manufacturing Foundations Career Pathway provides a continuum of training and education.
- Genesys Works (Twin Cities) – supports students from underserved communities in achieving college and career success.
- Hamm Clinic– provides critical stability to serve more clients and provide equitable mental health care.
- Neighborhood HealthSource – provide quality health care to low-income families and address health disparities in focused populations.
- Tubman – support survivor-centered shelter and housing with emergency shelter beds, transitional housing, supportive services, meals, and a safe place to live until they secure more permanent housing.
Posted: June 7, 2023