Bayport, Minn. - Andersen introduces Building Information Models (BIM) in Revit software, bringing best-in-class window and door families that meet the rigorous quality standards of Autodesk Seek.
“Keeping customers in mind by simplifying the design, specification, purchase and construction process is a primary initiative for us,” said Stephanie Mayerle, commercial marketing manager at Andersen. “Giving architects and designers a best-in-class solution to visualize projects and specify the Andersen window and door products used in the design brings ease and simplicity to the process for our customers.”
Features of the new tools include
- Various exterior and interior trim options depicting interaction with the host wall
- Five grille patterns available within the same family and an option to configure the number of grille bars
- The ability to change rough opening sizes to provide flexibility for the designed installation method
- Over 75 standard colors, stains and wood species*
- Optimized detail at the Coarse, Medium and Fine levels
Initial Andersen product lines available include aluminum-clad E-Series, vinyl-clad 400 Series, and composite material 100 Series. The company continues to address the needs of architects with ongoing development of addition tools available in the future.
A video introduction to the new Andersen Revit families can be found on the company’s YouTube channel. To download the tools, visit http://www.andersenwindows.com/BIM or the Autodesk Seek website.
*Options vary by product line.
“ENERGY STAR” is a registered trademark of the US Environmental Protection Agency.
“Autodesk” and “Revit” are registered trademarks or trademarks of Autodesk, Inc,. and/or affiliates in the USA and/or other countries. All other brand names, product names or trademarks belong to their respective holders.