Window Symbols screenshot
- Configure 400 Series, 200 Series, 100 Series and A-Series windows and doors
- Select standard sizes or custom size units
- Selected product options shown in CAD symbols
- Specify exterior trim for A-Series, 400 Series and 200 Series windows and doors
- Export DWG, DXF symbols and JPEG or other bitmap image formats
- Obtain energy, performance and sustainability attributes for all units
- Detail views contain selected product options, and selectable display of material hatching and installation flanges
- Plan view has selectable wall depth, wall placement, glass lines, sill lines and frame lines
- Elevation view choice of 1-, 2- or 3-line elevation, display of operation, grille representation and Andersen size codes
- Grille options configurable by sash on multi-sash units
- Work in feet and inches or metric measurements
- Custom-size tilt-wash double-hung, transom and picture insert replacement windows
Choose the application that best suits your needs: Window Studio (find Window Studio under "Tools") or Window Symbols.
Window Studio is a powerful, stand-alone design support tool for installation on your Windows-based PC that generates CAD symbols and BIM support, including elevations, detail and plan symbols, with your Andersen® windows and doors.
Get Window Studio for your 32 bit or 64 bit Windows-based PC.
- Generates native 3D symbols in AutoDesk Revit 2014 through 2010 and SketchUp versions 7, 8, Pro, and Make
- Create single or multiple unit designs visually, and quickly get elevation, detail or plan symbol of your design
- AutoCAD copy and paste is supported
- Plug-ins for Autodesk Revit and SketchUp are installed with Window Studio
- Click and drag units to size and position visually on interactive workbench
- Select and configure exterior trim on single units and combinations
- Automatic snapping, alignment and joining for easy combination design
- Specify joining materials for accurate unit spacing and joining details
- Save window and door designs in a project file for editing, report generation, and reuse
- Generate schedules and reports for designs:
- Window and door schedule
- Unit information report
- Elevation report
- Energy report
- Product performance report
- Sustainability report
- Energy, performance and sustainability attributes included in Revit families and Google SketchUp components
- Comprehensive help content and simple online tutorials to get you going quickly
- Customize CAD symbol color, layer and linetypes to match office standards
- Workbench guidelines available to align and space units in combinations and for sizing custom units
- Supports Windows® XP SP2, Windows Vista®, Windows 7 (32 bit or 64 bit), and Windows 8 (32 bit or 64 bit)
Window Symbols is a web-based application that generates CAD symbols and BIM support, including elevations, detail and plan symbols, with your Andersen® windows and doors.
Instant access to Window Symbols
(may require Microsoft® Silverlight download).
- Specify single units, select product options such as grilles and extension jambs, and download generated elevation, detail and plan symbols in DWG or DXF format
- AutoCAD® i-drop® is supported
- Energy, performance, and sustainability attributes available to view during product selection
- Supports all major browsers (Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, Opera, Safari)
- Drag and drop symbols to AutoCAD using Autodesk’s i-drop technology (supported with Internet Explorer 7, 8 or 9)
- Export an elevation matrix containing all standard sizes of the selected window or door product line with selected product options in one drawing
"AutoCAD" and “i-drop” and “Revit®”are registered trademarks of Autodesk, Inc.
"DXF" and “RVT” are marks of Autodesk, Inc.
“SketchUp®” and “SKP” are registered trademarks of Google
"Windows" and "Windows NT" are registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation.